I have no idea what to write about myself, without sounding pompous, conceited, supercilious or self-aggrandizing. Or worse, exhibit a combination of these traits.
But I don’t want to remain a ‘blank page’.
Okay, here goes.
1. I love coffee and can drink the beverage at any time of the day without sleeping problems. I like my coffee hot, strong and bitter, without sugar, lots of foamy milk and hopefully comes with charming latte art. The most expensive coffee I have tasted so far is Luwak. Yeah, that’s the one – the civet cat poo.
2. I cannot squat with my soles flat on the ground without falling backwards. Something about my Archilles tendon being too tight. I think it is hereditary. My husband thinks it is because my butt is too heavy.
3. I was born in the year of the Rabbit. Go figure my age.
4. I discovered that my body is inflexible at the age of six when my mother enrolled me in ballet classes. She switched me to piano lessons shortly after and I learnt that my inflexibility didn’t extend to the fingers. Or the mind. Thank goodness.
5. I am a Scorpio/Aquarius. I am quite sure this Sun-Moon combination does not explain why I am messy, disorganised and all over the place most of the time, but I like to think it does.
6. I can’t swim and I hate going into the water. Except when I am in the shower or soaking in a bathtub.
7. One of the things that I like best is to tuck myself in bed with a book and a cup of hot tea or coffee. I haven’t done this since I got married ten years ago because one of the ground rules set by the husband being that I am not allowed to bring food into the bedroom. Also, the bedside table is too cluttered to accommodate a cuppa.
8. I sleep face down and I don’t like to make the bed.
9. What about alcohol? Always, mojitos, martinis and magaritas – in that order. Sometimes, the milky-coffee-liqueur sort over ice – Bailey’s, Kahlua and Sheridan. Before bedtime, Frangelico with milk. Oh, not to forget o-sake, soju and makgeoli. And shaoxing jiu. Plus a good bottle of red wine.
10. Life is short, always have fun as far as possible and as much as I can.
11. I am right-handed but I hold my spoon with the left hand. One of those things about my brain.
12. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Otherwise, shud-dup lah.
13. And do you know what is it about a man that gives me butterflies in the stomach? His HANDS. Not just any type of hands, by the way. I am not that easy!
14. I have gotten this far without saying anything about Rain, Korean pop and Korean entertainment. Not bad, I am not that obsessed after all.
15. Why the blog name ‘Bee’? It is part of my name and reminds me of my other favourite Muhammed Ali quote: “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” Erm, ‘Bee’ is also phonetically similar to the moniker of my favourite Korean pop star. I am such a fan-girl.
16. Why the domain address “ten-ele-ven”? I couldn’t think of anything interesting so I used my date of birth.
17. What do I write about? Basically, anything that comes to my mind that I feel like writing. Nothing of significance or intellectually stimulating, really. This blog is my ‘memory catchment area’ where I jot down places that I have been to, things that I have done, movies I have watched, etc. You get the picture. This is all about me having a spot of fun daily, away from the hum-drum of working life.
18. How to reach me? Please email me at syb1175(AT)yahoo.com.
Unless otherwise stated, all text, graphics & photographs on this site belongs to me. Please do not use them without my permission or without linking back to me.